Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Books


Few years back, I've started having this habit of reading books. Its a habit that everyone must have. Maybe its too late for me at this age to start liking to read books. Anyways who cares. Better late than never.

I started reading when I was working in oil rig few years back. Living in the middle of the vast sea, there was nothing much to do except watching tv or movie, play games on playstation, went to the gym, jogging around the helipad, fishing (even though its against the law), eating and chatting with the crews.

To fill my free time i brought 2 books to read on my first experience to offshore. I finished reading those 2 books. I still remembered the title I brought that day. "Think Like a Billionaire" by Donald Trump and "Digital Fortress" by Dan Brown. I like it. I love these two authors and I have more. More authors that I can share with you.

I'm not that good in reading. I'm a slow reader. I don't know why. Maybe my speed reading skills haven't come out to surface yet. But I'm happy though. I will sharpen my skills everyday. This month alone which only in one week I have read 4 books and now going to the 5th book this month. I'm maintaining a habit of reading min 50 pages a day and sometimes more than 200 pages a day.

Reading books inspire me and give me ideas and knowledge on everything. Books give me the experience of other people and journey of the people before us. The lessons of people before us. History that we do not want to repeat.

I also learned that very successful people read a lot. It also makes my brain working and open to ideas.

I like this picture of library. I want to own one. One day perhaps... One day...

No comments: